“Try to be like the turtle – at ease in your own shell.” ~ Bill Copeland, Poet, Writer and Historian
As the months are passing by, I continue to focus on my goal of a Healthy Abundant Life!
On January 1, 2017, I embarked on a 12-month journey to discover a simple, healthy, abundant lifestyle. While each of us may have had different resolutions or planned to head in different directions, the journey process remains the the same.
- First, determine the destination
- Then map out the route
- And, enjoy the scenery along the way
As a colleague once said, “If you don’t know where you are going, any road will do.”
My roadway to healthy habits include the following:
- Clean eating every day: For me, this means eating a variety of fresh, whole foods — food that have not been processed or altered beyond refrigeration, cutting/slicing and cooking. Just the way nature intended. I am staying away from anything wrapped in cellophane.
- Exercise every day: No gym membership for me. Walking outdoors has been a summer treat even on rainy days. Sometimes I walk the neighborhood, and sometimes I head downtown to the post office, library or grocery store where I can only buy what fits into the backpack! Another huge benefit of walking is listening to audio-books downloaded via Overdrive from my library. I am progressing nicely through a list of recommended reading. Besides the health benefits of walking, I am driving my car less. With an insurance company beacon tracking mileage, I benefit from the reduced insurance premium. (Financial abundance – the less I drive the less to be paid for insurance.) Also, included in my exercise program is weight lifting, exercise ball and yoga done in the convenience of my home.
- Purge and organize every day: There is always way too much stuff and this year I have been slowly and methodically purging to achieve more breathing room. I strongly recommend the “one-in / one-out” rule to maintain and appreciate the breathing room. With thoughts of purging and organizing, I am reminded that less is best.
- Relationships every day: Ah… an easy one! Family and friends make up the majority of my happy times whether it is visiting, emailing or talking on the phone. Meeting interesting people while traveling and experiencing new cultures adds to the relationship scale. And, summer time with grandchildren is the best!
Achieving success is an inside job, beginning and ending with YOU!
Establishing good habits that continually move you towards your ultimate goal is a worthwhile endeavor.
How are you doing with your 2017 Resolutions? Share your experience. Leave a comment.