“The problem in my life and other people’s lives is not the absence of knowing what to do,~ Peter Drucker
but the absence of doing it.”
I am Judith Ann Kirk, owner of Organizing Resources since 1994, an Adventurer, World Traveler (been on every continent; yup, even Antarctica), Life Coach, and Proponent of Essentialism — having what I need and needing what I have, nothing more!
Thank you for visiting my website. I know you have many opportunities to obtain information regarding a simpler life, an organized environment, a healthy, respectful lifestyle utilizing life management skills. Yet, I am honored you stopped in for a visit. We all have choices. I believe in choosing wisely.
This is WHY I started my organizing/productivity coaching business in 1994 and WHY I am eager to help you enjoy the life you are meant to live.
- I believe that the power to harness life management skills and establishing daily habits evolve around making a commitment to take action one-small-step-at-a-time.
- I believe that different actions produces different results.
- I believe in listening.
- I believe it is possible to create breathing space wherever you find yourself trapped by the way-too-much syndrome, whether it involves paper, time, possessions, space…
- I believe in showing up on time and I believe that your time is valuable, too.
- I believe the decisions you make–the stuff you surround yourself with, the people you socialize with, the commitments you make, and the files stored in your computer and file drawers–have a strong psychological and physiological impact on your life.
- I believe it is okay to change your mind, and you can cry when you are having a crappy day!
- I believe it is more important to decide than worry about the how. Deciding to do something causes action, and it is action that sets the wheels in motion. With motion, the how is revealed.
- I believe there is no right way to live your life, only what is right for you. Every person is unique, with unique situations or problem areas requiring unique solutions.
- I believe together we will find the right way, and I won’t teach you anything I haven’t tried first.
- I believe in teaching life management skills so when you are on your own you have something tangible to keep the momentum going strong.
- I believe in having enough — not too much, not to little, but enough.
- I believe in having what you need and needing what you have.
- I believe laughter is contagious and good for the mind, body and soul.
- I believe that the great outdoors is good for everyone, and I’ll do my best in coaching so you have more time and energy to enjoy sunshine and fresh air.
- I believe you hold the answers deep within and I’ll help you discover those answers.
- I believe every client deserves my very best effort to help achieve their goals.
- I believe in saying Please… and May I… along with Thank you for letting me into your life.
- I believe you should never stop learning.
The start of my organizing career
I began my professional organizing career in 1994 and joined the National Association of Professional Organizers, currently called the National Association of Productivity & Organizing Professionals (NAPO.net).
I am the founder of the Connecticut Organizers Informal Group in 1995 which became an official NAPO chapter in 2003 (NAPO-CT). Over the years I held multiple leadership positions on the chapter Board of Directors. On the national level, I served on the Membership Committee, Continuing Education Committee, Conference Programming Committee and National Golden Circle Chair. (Golden Circle is a distinguished group of organizers with many years of experience.)
Since taking Emeritus status with NAPO, I limit my coaching to select clients using my extensive knowledge in the organizing and coaching field. CLICK HERE to learn more about working with a Coach.
What are the benefits of harnessing Life Management Skills
This is an investment in yourself where you achieve a life-long payout — to become who you really want to be, to do what you really want to do. Each step along the way, each decision you make today, establishes a positive direction you can follow for a lifetime of enjoyment with more time, more space, more energy, more money… and less stress.
You may never know what results come from your action.
But if you do nothing, there will be no result.
~Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, 1869-1948