Everglades National Park was established in 1947 to conserve the natural landscape and prevent degradation of its land, plants, and animals.
- Largest continuous stand of sawgrass prairie in North America.
- Nearly 1.5 million acres in size is the only subtropical wilderness in the United States.
- Predominant water recharge area for all of South Florida through the Biscayne aquifer.
- A World Heritage Site.
- Habitat for numerous endangered and threatened species.
- Largest mangrove ecosystem in the western hemisphere.
- Most significant breeding grounds for tropical wading birds in North America.
Turn up the volume to hear the water songs!